Thread: Camo Truck Wrap

Default Camo Truck Wrap

I got a full truck wrap as a gift from here www.camo4u.com - I am thinking about doing it myself this weekend, but I do not know if that is a good idea. Has anyone here worked with it? Should I attempt it or just pay someone to do it?

First of all, welcome to TMH!

I don't have any experience with putting it on, but I was looking on their website and they have some application instructions that you might want to go through. Including an Application Tutorial Video.

http://www.camo4u.com/faq.htm

thanks I watched it - I just was hoping to hear from a customer instead of a salesman. They can make everything seem real easy to do. I'd rather go to the horses mouth.

Welcome split!

If it is a full one that goes over the whole truck and I'm pretty sure that's what you said. I would not want to tackle that project myself! That's just my personal opinion.
    I have just the strip of camo along the bottom of my truck from Camoclad and I didn't even really do it (my mom did, she is better than me at that kind of stuff). But it was kind of a pain in the butt to do. You had to keep the truck spot less from dirt and going around the edges and places where it stoped and started was a pain at times.
    Your choice though. I would get a quote on how much it would cost and figure out if it is worth the money. If doing the whole thing I would pay someone to do it, I would just go over every little thing and it would bother me. If someone else does it is done like it or not, that could be bad or good.
    Good luck.
    Team Slayer Outdoors

NC+ Seed Company, Double Z Decals, Madge & Nettie's Cupboard, Prairie Spirit Realty/United Country Realty, StarrFlight FOB

Well I have done full vehicle wraps before and it doesnt take me long to do but I have done over a thousand of them for sure..Definetly take it to a graphic place or a truck lettering center FOR SURE trust me on this one..I have 7 yrs of time doin nothin but istalling stuff like this and definetly wouldnt tackle something of this sort if I didnt have any excperiance doing it..
    Hoyt Maxxis 31Bone Collector Edition-QAD Ultra HD-HHA-AI AS

very helpful - thanks

Do not try it, the stuff is hard to work with.... Trust me

Thanks - I am having a local shop here in town do it. I also decided to get a 4 wheeler kit too. I went with this camo pattern www.morningwood4u.com - i thought it looked pretty cool. I got the green style

will have some pics up this week

I also have an extra sheet that I am willing to sell. It is 4 ft by 5ft. Advantage Max4 Camo. Will sell it for $50. Retails for $75

i thought bout doin it myself bt i decided to take my truck to a professional

yeah it will be good idea to take your truck to a professional because you don't know much about it...or you have to learn about it before doing it.i have but i have learn about it from a professional.

Extra sheet has been sold....

if you are feeling confident about it then do it yourself. Had I been in your shoes I would have made sure of my confidence level else called up the wrap team to get it done for me.

Quote Originally Posted by emmaethan View Post
    if you are feeling confident about it then do it yourself. Had I been in your shoes I would have made sure of my confidence level else called up the wrap team to get it done for me.
    Good advice....

- awesome...

camo wrap turned out great...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seems to be an amazing truck wrap. Last month, took help of one of excellent graphic designers for getting vehicle wraps for my van. He really did some awesome designs and got it printed at an affordable price too.

Thread Information