Thread: DNR Buying Acorns?

Default DNR Buying Acorns?

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the DNR buys acorns. I heard that they used to and figured with all the acorns on our land this year it might be worth picking a few bushel to sell.

3 of us spent an hour to an hour and a half picking them today, and we filled THREE 5 Gallon pails full. and we werent even in our good spots.

Quote Originally Posted by hntrtravis View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knew if the DNR buys acorns. I heard that they used to and figured with all the acorns on our land this year it might be worth picking a few bushel to sell.

3 of us spent an hour to an hour and a half picking them today, and we filled THREE 5 Gallon pails full. and we werent even in our good spots.
    Black Mathews McPhearson Series Monster XLR8 28" 70# HHA Sight, Ripcord Arrow Rest, Black Mathews T5 Quiver, Sims Stabilizer

I need more info here? who buys them?

I heard that in the past, the MN DNR has bought acorns to replant. I was just wondering if they were still doing this.

I know the DNR bought last yer for a few months. I think it was just out of the Bemidji office. You could call the forestry office in Rochester (507-206-2838) and see what the deal is this year

Couple of years ago a forester bought up a bunch off the public, he stored them in the engine bays. I found acorns in places in my engine I could not imagine. I found acorns for months, they were in the air intake, they were in the air condition system. I shudder at the thought of acorns being brought in. On a side note if you do collect them. sort them by type, don't mix red with white etc.

Thread Information